Friday, November 19, 2010

Italy Tablecloth Checkered

Rabbit with radicchio and bacon for MTC


This month I was really in difficulty. My husband does not eat meat and that is why my recipes with this ingredient are very scarce and not very imaginative. I like it, even if you do not eat very often, so more elaborate preparations for taking advantage of the mother or the restaurant,-D
I was about to give up when one of my rare visits to the butcher I find bits of rabbit I watching from the bench ... Well, luckily not quite literally, rabbit heads and eyes always made me feel!
A sign of destiny, I had to buy it and try to make do.
The rabbit as good ever did my aunt Amabile (bred them too!), But Too bad there is now no more and will not even try to groped a similar recipe, it would not be the same.
So get this rabbit "creative" in my way, I ate alone and I got compliments from one ...
And this month I was able to take part in ' MTChallenge of " Tourist Menu" with the recipe chosen by Broom, winner of last year.


Rabbit with radicchio and bacon :
(a large portion)

250 g of rabbit in pieces, red wine
novel,
1 shallot,
1 / 2 bunch of red radish, diced bacon
,
extra virgin olive oil, herbs
.

Rinse the rabbit and let marinate 3-4 hours in a bowl with wine and herbs. After this time drain the rabbit, taking away the wine, dry and brown in a skillet with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
In another pan fry the shallots and then the radicchio, cut into strips sotttili and bacon. Add the browned rabbit and wine marinatuta. Cover and finish cooking.
Serve on a bed of radicchio fresh.

The sweetness of the new wine is balanced with bitter radicchio. I did not add salt, my bacon was quite salty taste, but before you decide.


_________________________________________________________________

Now say goodbye: pause for a week or so ... we go to hot:-D
(then I'll tell you)

0 comments:

Post a Comment